Last Revised: May 25, 2018
- We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and service users.
- This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and service users; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
- In this policy, "we", "us" and "our" refer to the owner operator of this website as indicated in the footer of the pages of this website.
2. How we use your personal data
- In this Section 2 we have set out:
- the general categories of personal data that we may process;
- the purposes for which we may process personal data; and
- the legal bases of the processing.
- We may process data about your use of our website and services ("usage data"). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
- We may process your account data ("account data"). The account data may include your name and email address. The source of the account data is you. The account data may be processed for the purposes of operating our website, providing our services, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. We store your account data in encrypted format. The legal basis for this processing is your consent and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business.
- We may process your information included in your personal profile on our website ("profile data"). The profile data may include profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational or employment details. The profile data may be processed for the purposes of enabling and monitoring your use of our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
- We may process information that you post for publication on our website or through our services ("publication data"). The publication data may be processed for the purposes of enabling such publication and administering our website and services. The legal basis for this processing is your consent and our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and the performance of the services provided by and through our website.
- We may process information relating to transactions, including purchases of services, that you enter into with us and/or through our website ("transaction data"). The transaction data may include your contact details, your credit card or bank account details and the transaction details. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased services and keeping proper records of those transactions. The legal basis for this processing is your consent and the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract and our legitimate interests, namely our interest in the proper administration of our website and business.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the protection and assertion of our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others.
- We may process any of your personal data identified in this policy where necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, or obtaining professional advice. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper protection of our business against risks.
- In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section 2, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- Please do not supply any other person's personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so.
3. Providing your personal data to others
- We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies (this means any subsidiaries, any ultimate holding company and any affiliated companies) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal data to our insurers and/or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
- When you make a purchase at our website, your transaction data may be processed. When you submit credit card or bank account information at our website, the transaction data is encrypted and is protected with SSL encryption software. We may use your transaction date for the purposes of processing and completing the financial transaction you requested at our website, and your transaction data may be disclosed to third parties only as necessary to complete the requested transaction, refunding payments and dealing with complaints or queries relating to such payments and refunds, and for no other purpose. We do sell, trade or otherwise transfer your transaction data, and all transaction data is transmitted through 256 SSL encryption.
- In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 3, we may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
4. International transfers of your personal data
- In this Section 4, we provide information about the circumstances in which your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- The hosting facilities for our website are presently situated outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Transfers to our hosting facilities, whether inside or outside the EEA, will be protected by appropriate safeguards, namely the use of standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission.
- You acknowledge that personal data that you submit for publication through our website or services may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use (or misuse) of such personal data by others.
5. Retaining and deleting personal data
- This Section 5 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- We retain your personal data only for as long as necessary to provide goods and/or services you have requested and thereafter for business reasons. These might include retention periods mandated by contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations; for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our contractual rights; or needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 5, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
6. Security of personal data
- We will take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to secure your personal data and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
- We will store your personal data in accordance with generally accepted commercial standards, including use of secure servers and/or encryption software when customary or appropriate.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of unencrypted or inadequately encrypted data over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You should ensure that your password is not susceptible to being guessed, whether by a person or a computer program. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential and we will not ask you for your password, except when you log in to our website.
- We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
- You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
- We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the website.
8. Your rights
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee, which shall not exceed the legal rate cap;
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity and country of residence (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address); and
- This section 8.1 is presently for the benefit of residents of the EU and UK and we reserve the right to limit it to verified residents of those areas.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- In practice, you will either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes. We do not sell, trade or share your personal information with any third parties, except as expressly set forth in this policy.
- To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
- You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by contacting our Data Protection Officer at dataofficer@MilfAddicts.com.
9. Third party websites
- Our website may include hyperlinks to, or details of, third party websites.
- We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
10. Personal data of minors
- Our website is intended for persons who have attained the age of majority in their jurisdiction (usually this is 18 years, but 21 years in some places).
- If we have reason to believe that we hold personal data of a person under that age in our databases, we will delete that personal data.
11. Updating information
- Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
12. About cookies
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not themselves contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
13. Managing cookies
14. Contact us
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- Please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at dataofficer@MilfAddicts.com with questions about this policy or the use of your personal information.